Always begin with the lowest incline and work upward. Never begin stretching at the most severe angle.
- This stretch is done in a kneeling position and does not require leaning into a wall.
- Place the DorsiFLEXTM in an open space to allow the user to kneel.
- Adjust the fingers to the appropriate sagittal plane incline.
- Adjust the fingers to the appropriate inverted or everted foot angle.
- Place the stretching foot on device with the non-stretching leg extended back. Your position will essentially be a lunge.
- Lean forward and place body weight over the knee.
- Keep the heel in contact with the DorsiFLEXTM.
- Hold the stretch for 30 – 45 seconds.
- Rest for 15 seconds.
- Repeat 3-4 times with each leg.
For a more advanced stretch – use a therapeutic band or weight