Always begin with the lowest incline and work upward. Never begin stretching at the most severe angle.
- Place the DorsiFLEXTM approximately 1’ – 3’ from a wall.
- Adjust the fingers so the foot will be inverted with the big toe up and the little toe down.
- Place one foot on the DorsiFLEXTM.
- Place hands on a wall for support and balance.
- Position the non-stretching leg either in front of or behind the stretching leg, whichever is most comfortable.
- Bend the knee of the stretching leg while keeping the heel just in contact with the device. You should feel this stretch in both the arch of the foot and the Achilles tendon and Soleus.
- Bending the knee more will amplify the stretch.
- Pushing your hips forward will increase the stretch.
- Additional leverage is available by pushing on the wall while stretching.
- Hold the stretch for 30 – 45 seconds.
- Rest for 15 seconds.
Repeat 3-4 times for each leg.