Always begin with the lowest incline and work upward. Never begin stretching at the most severe angle.
- Place the DorsiFLEXTM approximately 1’ –3 from a wall.
- Adjust the fingers in the appropriate sagittal plane angle of incline.
- Adjust the fingers to the desired inverted or everted foot angle.
- Place one foot on the DorsiFLEXTM.
- Place hands on a wall for support and balance.
- Position the non-stretching leg either in front of or behind the stretching leg, whichever is most comfortable.
- Lean forward while keeping the knee straight and while keeping the heel just in contact with the device.
- Pushing your hips forward will increase the stretch.
- Additional leverage is available by pushing on the wall while stretching.
- Hold the stretch for 30 – 45 seconds.
- Rest for 15 seconds.
Repeat 3-4 times for each leg.
Advanced stretch of the lateral or outside aspect of the Gastrocnemius
- Adjust the DorsiFLEXTM to have the toes turn inward with the heel out (pigeon toed).